What is Extracorporeal Radial Shockwave Therapy?
During Shockwave therapy, a high-intensity sound wave interacts with the tissues of the body. This leads to a cascade of beneficial effects such as neovascularisation ingrowth, reversal of chronic inflammation, stimulation of collagen and dissolution of calcium build-up. Stimulation of these biological mechanisms creates an optimal healing environment. As the injured area is returned to normal, functionality is restored and pain is relieved.
Clinical studies report success rate above 75%
Extracorporeal Radial Shockwave Therapy is a series of high-energy percussions to the affected area. The shockwave is a physical sound wave "shock," not an electric one.
How does it work?
1) Treatment produces an inflammatory response. The body responds by increasing metabolic activity around the site of pain. This stimulates and accelerates the healing process.
2) Shockwave breaks down scar tissue and possibly calcification as well.
3) Transmission of pain is blocked.
Shockwave Therapy is used Worldwide to treat:
- Plantar Fasciitis
- Plantar Fasciitis (strained arch)
- Heel Spurs
- Tennis Elbow
- Morton' s Neuroma
- Calcific Rotator Cuff Tendonitis
- Hallux Rigidus
- BursitisAchilles Tendinopathy, Tendonitis
- Trigger Point Therapy
- Jumpers Knee
- Anterior Tibial Syndrome
- Stress Fractures
- Patellar Chondropathy
- Trochanteric Tendonitis
What are the benefits of Shockwave Treatment?
This therapy works without the use of X-rays or drugs; it stimulates the body's natural self-healing process. There is actually an immediate reduction of pain and improved ease of movement. Shockwave therapy may also eliminate your need for surgery.
To learn more visit www.shockwavecanadainc.com.